On Saturday, August 21, 2010 my Nanny and Grandpa Lou got married. We were all so excited to be invited to the ceremony which took place at their home. I will post more pictures once I get them from my sister, in the meantime, here are a few SMALL pictures (I copied from Shutterfly) for us to see. Not the best quality, but you get the picture.
This is (from L to R) the Minister, Eldine (Matron of Honor), Lou (Groom), Doreen (Bride), Jason (Best Man)
All the girls with Lou. (wait, Tammy was missing?)
The men.
The girls in my family (minus the aunts).
Me and my girls.
Leah and Lynzie.
Leah
Lynzie
And just to make the day more interesting... after the ceremony Lynzie decided it would be fun to stand on a chair. Since I was taking pictures (and holding a camera in one hand) I got Lynzie off the chair (using one hand - not a good idea). 5 minutes later my sister brought her back to me holding her arm. Apparently I had pulled her arm and (we found out later) dislocated her elbow. She was upset and cried anytime she moved her poor little arm. So off to the hospital we went (my mom drove - THANKS MOM!!) which was 20 minutes away. The staff was wonderful and since it was a small town there was only a few people ahead of us. Luckily they let us go first and we were in and out and back to the wedding in just over an hour and 15 minutes. Lynzie was SUPER BRAVE and when the Doctor came in she allowed her to touch her arm and didn't get upset until the Doctor started manipulating the elbow. It took a couple tries, but once the elbow was corrected she instantly reached for me and wanted a hug. I was amazed at how quickly she was back to her normal self. The Doctor left us for a few minutes to make sure everything was OK. When she came back she offered Lynzie a popsicle, which she reached for (with the arm that was hurt) instantly. It made everyone laugh and smile. Back to the wedding and a wonderful afternoon. I definately learned my lesson - ALWAYS PICK UP CHILDREN UNDER THEIR ARMS, NEVER BY THE ARM!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment