BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Finally a U.S. Citizen


I finally had my oath ceremony on Thursday, August 21, 2008. What a wonderful experience, even if Leah wasn't as co-operative as I had hoped. Chad, Leah and my mother-in-law Judy were able to witness this wonderful event in my life.
I can finally say that I am a U.S. Citizen and it feels great. I look forward to the opportunity to vote (for the very first time in my life actually) and even though it's almost a year away... celebrate my first Independence Day as a citizen. I also get to apply for my U.S. Passport... pretty exciting.
What I have been wondering is... do you think it's inappropriate to throw a party? I've been questioning that for so many days and decided it would be a little odd... so instead, I invite you all to eat a piece of cake or pie or whatever else you'd like to celebrate with me.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I ate 2 cookies tonight in honor of you! Did you have to hold Leah during the cerimony? I can't tell from the picture. The bottom picture is a great one of you btw!

Patty Fingers said...

Congratulations!!! I don't think you did this before I left? ou should have an office party though.