BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Passing of Muriel Ellen Rawlings Moon

On the evening of Monday, August 11, 2008 my Grandmother Muriel Ellen Rawlings Moon was called home. I wasn't sure whether this was something I emotionally could post and share, but I received a touching poem written by my sister, Dawn Moon and she has allowed me to share it with you.

Welcome Home

I'm welcomed home with open arms
My friends and family
Acquaintances that I once knew
They've come to receive me

With loving eyes and warm embrace
I feel the love they have
My distance kin who I searched for
Together now at last

My dear Father approaches me
And takes me in his arms
"You've done good work while you were gone,
I'm glad that you are home."

To my family who I have left
Don't weep that I am gone
We will be together again
I'll be there to welcome you home.

0 comments: