I've been talking to my mom lately about food storage and 72 hour kits. We all know we should be prepared in case of emergency, but really, how many of us really are?? I know I'm not. Anyways, she recently challenged me to get our 72 hour kits together. Of course I told her I would (she's my mom - I can't say no), but I really didn't think much of it. But now, I can't stop thinking about it. Weird, eh? Anyways, I figured I'd better take this challenge seriously and get it done. So I made the following goal and I'm sharing it with my friends and family verbally (and publicly) so that I'll stay focused and actually get it DONE.
My Goal: To create 72 hour kits for my family and have them 100% complete on or before November 30, 2008.
I invite my friends (since my mom and sisters are doing this together) to take on this challenge with me. Maybe you'll get it done before the 30th, or extend the deadline... but the challenge has been put out there. Leave me a comment or send me an email if you're in on this and we can remind/motivate each other.
Jailyn's Enrollment Ceremony
12 years ago
5 comments:
Sounds like a great idea to me.
Yeah, I'm impressed. I would love to get those together, but don't have the slightest idea to start. Please post your progress so I can I copy!
Good for you! We have our 72-hour kids together, but they could definitely use some peeking in on. I'm sure their do for an update! Thanks for the reminder!
If anyone is interested, I have a one page checklist that shows everything you'll need for your 72 hour kit. I got it online (PDF file) and found it very helpful. To be honest, I didn't really know what was supposed to be in the actual kit until I searched online. Apparently I wasn't listening during the Food Storage / Family Preparedness lessons. :(
I just got mine done last month in preparation for our move. It is nice to have it done for a while, until the kids grow and the food goes bad.
Post a Comment